How to Hide iPhone Dock Without Jailbreaking
Posted by Killian Bell
Want a cleaner home screen without a shaded dock? Now you can get one on your iPhone, and you don’t need to use jailbreak tweaks. The trick takes advantage of a wallpaper rendering bug in various versions of iOS — including iOS 9.3 — and here’s how you use it.
This trick is similar to that which causes home screen folders to become round — which we covered last week. It uses a special wallpaper that prevents iOS from rendering the dock properly, so it just disappears, giving you a cleaner look.
The trick is available on all versions of iOS 9.3, according to RedmondPie, and some older firmwares, too — such as iOS 9.1 — but not all have been tested. Here are the steps you need to follow:
1. Visit the following URL to find the wallpaper you need to make this possible:
2. Tap and hold on the wallpaper, then select “Save Image”
3. Go into the Photos app, find the wallpaper you just saved, then tap the share button
4. Tap “Use as Wallpaper”
5. Tap “Still,” then tap “Set”
6. Choose “Set Home Screen” and note that you can use any wallpaper for your lock screen
7. Return to the home screen
When your home screen reappears, the dock should have vanished — like in the photos above and below — leaving you with a cleaner look. To bring the dock back, simply select another wallpaper.